Why choose The Planet Mark?
• Proven results – On average, Planet Mark-certified businesses make a 12% carbon saving per employee year-on-year through reductions in energy, waste, water, travel and procurement.
• Significant Business Benefits – Planet Mark-certified businesses can expect to make cost savings through savings on energy, waste, water, travel and procurement. The programme also increases your competitive advantage through stronger bids and tenders. Find out more here.
• Immediate accreditation – No need to wait 12 months or more to be certified. Because The Planet Mark is a commitment to reduce your carbon emissions over a 12-month period, you are certified from the word go
• Low resource – all you need to do is decide what emissions-releasing activities you want to measure, collect the data and we’ll do the rest
• Quick results – Certification is renewed on an annual basis to organisations that achieve a minimum 2.5% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions.
• Great value – while we get to work on the data, you’ll have access to a host of really useful stuff, including:
- Our unique online platform to measure and monitor energy, waste, water and travel
- Our online sustainability toolkits, resources and templates to help embed business sustainability
- The Planet Mark logos, digital assets and communications materials
- Our business networks, events and communication touchpoints to facilitate knowledge sharing and new business opportunities.
What is included in The Planet Mark Certification?
- The Planet Mark Certificate and Report, including a carbon footprint analysis
- Free tickets to Eden Project – a small proportion of every Planet Mark Certificate is invested in Eden Project to support education on climate change and help organisations improve their sustainability performance
- A pledge from us to protect an acre of rainforest through the award-winning charity Cool Earth.
The Planet Mark was created to enable organisations and their people to make positive contributions to society and the environment. Together, we are fulfilling our mission to improve quality of life and protect our planet, while creating better, more responsible businesses and now we are a community of shared results.
In 2017 holders of The Planet Mark
- Reported 1,409,255 tCO2e
- Reached 1,017,226 employees
- Achieved a 12% average reduction per employee
- Saved 14,646 tCO2e