THE PLANET MARK CAREERS
An exceptional opportunity has become available for a Senior Sustainability Consultant looking to work for a fast-growing brand that is having a positive impact on the world.
We see a world where we all contribute to a thriving planet and together, we are a collective force for good.
The Planet Mark enables organisations and their people to positively transform society, the environment and the economy. It is a sustainability certification which recognises outstanding achievements, encourages action, and builds an empowered community of like-minded individuals.
A key part of our work is to demonstrate that sustainability is good for business and that business is a power for good in society and the environment.
You’ll be joining at an exciting stage for this fast-growing brand as it expands in the UK and begins to scale internationally.
You’ll be part of a positive team with a ‘can do’ approach, that is passionate about making a difference and committed to collaborating, constantly improving and striving to be at the forefront of sustainability – while having fun too!
We are looking for a senior sustainability consultant to assist our growing certification team. You will be dealing with customers from SMEs to large corporates, delivering carbon footprint analyses, carbon footprint verifications, SECR submissions, scope 3 screening and more. You will also be required to support the Head of Consulting in managing the delivery of all consulting services.
The ideal candidate will be positive, enthusiastic, have a high attention to detail and a passion for numbers and sustainability and excellent customer relationship skills.
- Conducting carbon footprint assessments and reporting using sustainability management software for our wide range of clients as they aim to achieve The Planet Mark
- Conducting verifications of GHG assessments and non-financial reporting
- Project management and delivery of sustainability consulting including scope 3 screening, SECR, sustainability engagement, research and policy
- Business development for consulting work for existing and new clients as required
- Client relationship management as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in corporate sustainability and environmental management
- Experience in carbon footprint accounting and knowledge of greenhouse gas reporting and standards e.g. GHG Protocol, ISO 14064
- Experience in audit/verifications of corporate carbon footprints using ISO 14064-3
- Experience in preparing and winning proposals and projects for bespoke sustainability consulting
- Comfortable calling and meeting with a range of clients and customers to discuss carbon footprinting and sustainability consulting
- Strong mathematical and analytical background
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- A team player with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Delivery of post occupancy evaluations (POE) in the property or industrial sector
- Knowledge of SECR, experience in scope 3 screening, development and delivery of sustainability strategies for businesses
- Experience working with large, multinational companies, either in house or as consultancy
- Experience in sustainability engagement and communications
- Experience with sustainability software e.g. Sofi Salesforce
- Industry qualification (e.g. IEMA)
This is a full time position, working in central London and remotely from home. Start date from 3 February 2020.
Salary: negotiable, and dependent on experience. If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
OUR DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN!
Are you our next data analyst to assist our growing certification team? Accuracy and robust reporting is at the heart of what we do. You would be dealing with complex data-sets and high volumes of data, as well as using multiple sources to collate data and produce reports.
We are always on the lookout for strong, independent sales people to increase the reach of The Planet Mark across the UK. Do you have at least two years’ proven sales experience, combined with a passion for and knowledge of sustainability in business?