the planet mark
Pioneering Electronics Producer Roberts Radio Tunes Into Sustainability with The Planet Mark Certification
Roberts Radio, the UK brand leader in portable radios, and member of the Glen Dimplex Group has achieved certification to The Planet Mark sustainability programme.
Roberts Radio Limited is the UK market leader in portable radios with multiple industry endorsements and two Royal Warrants granted in recognition of supply of radio equipment to the Royal Households.
This is Roberts’ first year of business carbon footprint reporting with The Planet Mark. First year’s certification to the programme is based on the commitment to continuous improvement in sustainability by measuring and reducing carbon and engaging stakeholders.
Upon presenting the giant certificate to the Roberts Radio team, Steve Malkin CEO & Founder of The Planet Mark commented; “We are delighted that Roberts Radio has achieved its first year’s certification to The Planet Mark and in doing so, committed to many new practices that will reduce its carbon emissions. What is most gratifying is the response from everyone in the business to make this happen, quickly and with such enthusiasm. The Roberts range of products have become a ubiquitous presence in households across the UK and we are delighted to have them join The Planet Mark community. “
“For me sustainability is a very important subject and I am very excited to have Planet First as a partner. I believe sustainability is a journey, and we need partners like Planet First to help to guide us in the right direction. We first need to walk before we can run, and I am very excited that we have made our first steps at Roberts in the last few months towards a sustainable future.” Robin van Rozen, CEO GDCA and MD Roberts Radio.
As the recipient of a Royal Warrant, Roberts Radio is clearly a company committed to excellence. It is fantastic that it is bringing its customary high standards to bear on the issue of sustainability and achieving the first year of certification to The Planet Mark.
Roberts Radio has achieved certification to The Planet Mark by showing good practice in sustainability including:
- Measuring carbon emissions from natural gas, purchased electricity and fuel.
- Storing 260 tonnes of CO2by protecting one acre of endangered rainforest through the charity Cool Earth
- Committing to engage employees and suppliers to drive improvement
- Investing in the Eden Project to support education on climate change
Specific measures Roberts Radio has been advised to implement its 2019 targets include:
- Conducting ‘energy audits’ will help identify where most energy is being used and potential wastage from equipment, lights and heat loss. Investigate the installation of LED, T5 and sensor lighting and the upgrade of heating controls
- Carrying out a waste management audit to understand what waste is being produced, where it is coming from and what the best route for it would be.
- Recording all business travel and promote public transport options