The Planet Mark
A&E Fire and Security:
Commitment to reducing carbon emissions by 5% year-on-year sees A & E Fire and Security Ltd certified by The Planet Mark.
A & E Fire and Security, a Cheltenham based fire specialist, has been awarded The Planet Mark certification for its commitment to reducing carbon emissions by 5% year-on-year.
Upon receiving certification to the sustainability programme, Lynn De Backer, Finance Manager at A & E Fire and Security Ltd commented; “As a company we strive to be conscientious of the environmental impact on our surroundings. Our partnership with The Planet Mark has helped us to highlight areas of our business that contribute to our overall carbon footprint.”
A & E Fire and Security’s Certification to The Planet Mark supplements their existing sustainability strategy; revolving around an objective to achieve a net positive affect on the environment by 2021. “A combination of staff awareness, paperless systems and a reduction in our fleet car emissions is serving to help us continually improve our sustainability performance,” commented Lynn.
Presenting the award, Steve Malkin, CEO and Founder of The Planet Mark emphasized; “We are delighted that A & E Fire and Security has achieved its first certification to The Planet Mark and in doing so, committed to operating in such a way to reduce their carbon emissions. They’ve made remarkable progress and are clearly excited about the future and what they can do next. We’re delighted to have them onboard”.”
The Planet Mark Certificate recognises A &E Fire and Security’s good practice in sustainability, including:
- Measuring 233 tCO2e from electricity, natural gas, water, travel and waste, the equivalent of 4.02 tCO2e per person
- Storing 260 tCO2 in one acre of protected rainforest
- Making a commitment to engage employees and suppliers to drive sustainable improvement in the company
- Investing in the Eden Project to support continuing education on climate change
To assist A & E Fire and Security in achieving its sustainability goals, The Planet Mark team has made several recommendations including:
- Conduct an energy audit’ to help identify where most energy is being used and eradicate potential wastage from equipment
- Consider the installation of a smart meter to help collate precise meter readings.
- Investigate the replacement of company vehicles with more efficient alternatives
- Encourage recycling and partner with waste management company with “Zero Waste to Landfill” philosophy